Here is where we are headed with Youth Group on Wednesday nights and beyond for the rest of the calendar year.
I asked for suggested teaching topics from the students a couple of weeks ago. We got a lot of great ideas! I’m going to go through those suggested topics for the rest of the year. The most requested topic by far was issues related to sharing your faith. Because of that I’m planning to do a series on Evangelism starting with the new year. In the meantime we’ll tackle some of the other topics that were requested.
So here are all the important dates for the rest of the year, including some special events:
- October 22 Youth Group — Topic: The What, Why, and How of Baptism. What happens when a person gets baptized? Why get baptized? How does it apply to me today?
- October 26 Youth Leadership Team info meeting. Students, come to this meeting after church if you are interested in helping plan and lead youth activities and service projects.
- October 29 Youth Group — Topic: Worship, What does it mean to worship? How do we worship?
- November 1 Corn Maze
- November 5 Youth Group — First Wednesday
- November 12 Youth Group — Topic: International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church. We’ll learn about modern persecution and how we can support our brothers and sisters who are being persecuted for Christ.
- November 19 Youth Group — Topic: Issues and Current Events of Today, How do we think biblically about tough issues today? We won’t answer every issue but we’ll give a construct for approaching issues biblically. Don’t just know the answers, know how to find the answers!
- November 26 No Youth Group because of Thanksgiving
- December 3 Youth Group — First Wednesday
- December 10 Youth Group — Topic: Vanity, I think it is neat that someone asked about this one. I’ve struggled with this sin. It isn’t one that we talk about much. I’m looking forward to sharing my story.
- December 17 Youth Group — Christmas Party
- December 24 No Youth Group because of Christmas
- December 31 New Year Party and All-Nighter — More info to come later