Isn’t the weather right now incredible! It is so incredible to see the change from the dark cold winter where everything is dormant to the bright warm spring where everything is coming to life.
One thing I want to highlight to all the youth and parents is the backyard Bible clubs opportunity. Please prayerfully consider how you might participate!
Rejoicing in God’s Good Design – Lesson 5 Preview
- Title: Female Complement in Creation
- Key Scripture: For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man.—1 Corinthians 11:8-9
- Big Idea: God created women for a complementary role of submission in relation to men in the institutions of the family and the church.
Rejoicing in God’s Good Design – Lesson 4 Preview
- Title: Male Headship in Creation
- Key Scripture: 1 Timothy 2:13: For Adam was formed first, then Eve.
- Big Idea: God created men to have a unique role of responsibility and authority in the world through the institutions of the family and the church.
Backyard Bible Clubs
This opportunity is so great, I hope you will consider being a part. We need youth leaders so please consider this and take advantage of it. On Wednesday April 30 just before youth group we will be having an info meeting at 6pm. If you are interested in learning more about what it means to be a youth leader please come to this meeting! Learn more on The City here.
Also, on May 4 after church we are having another info meeting for people that might be interested in being a host home. Please consider this great opportunity to reach kids in your neighborhood. Learn more on The City here.
Later in the summer we’ll be doing the normal VBS at the church and then in September Awana starts up again. This complements both of those children’s ministries well because the backyard approach provides an easy step into the church.
Joni & Friends Summer Trip
There may still be space for this trip! Let me know if you are interested. More on the trip here.
April 30 – Youth Leader info meeting for Backyard Bible Clubs, 6-7pm
May 4 – Host home info meeting for Backyard Bible Clubs, right after church
May 7 – First Wednesday
May 14 – Testimony night
July TBD – Annual Senior Sendoff Dance
July 27 – Aug 1 – Joni & Friends Summer Trip (More details on the ministry)